Effective date: December 2022
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your application process, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (“GDPR”).
This privacy notice applies to all job applicants based in the European Economic Area and United Kingdom. We may update this privacy notice at any time.
The relevant Exactpro entity based on the country of the role for which you are applying is the data controller for data protection purposes. We have provided full details of the relevant entities below.
We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
This privacy notice does not imply in any way any contract of employment or contract for services or any other relationship between you and Exactpro.
It is important that you read this privacy notice so that you are aware of how and why we use your personal data.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information, by itself or combined with other information, about an individual from which a person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
There are "special categories" of more sensitive personal data which require a higher level of protection. We do not routinely collect, store or use any special categories of personal data as part of our recruitment activities. If you notify us of a disability within the legal definition of a disability, we will only use that information to assess and implement any reasonable adjustments, as required by law.
We may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses;
- Date of birth;
- Your CV, professional social media profile such as LinkedIn, cover letter,
- application forms and other information regarding your employment history such as dates of employment, job titles, job descriptions, skills, reason for leaving,
- previous salary and benefits information, any websites or blogs you own or have contributed to, any photographs of you contained in your CV, areas of interests, notice periods/availability for employment;
- Your salary or remuneration package expectations and details of any offers of employment or work made by us to you and your responses;
- Interview history, questions, notes and technical assessment results;
- Your feedback on Exactpro’s recruitment process;
- How we obtained your data – from an application by you, through an agency or from a third party website that you had used to seek employment;
- CCTV footage from attendance at any Exactpro sites where we control the CCTV systems and any recordings of online video meetings, interviews or assessments;
- Any requests for reasonable adjustments or accommodations to comply with applicable equality legislation;
- Information to assess your right to work in the hire location, such as your nationality, work permit status including documentary evidence subject to local law and explicit consent, where required;
- Details of communications with you, how you interact with email communications and marketing communications;
- Your data privacy and marketing communications preferences
We mainly collect personal information about applicants from:
- Directly from you, such as using our website careers.exactpro.com, other Exactpro online platforms, email applications or at a recruitment fair;
- From recruitment agencies that you are registered with and have agreed for them to provide us with your application information;
- From current Exactpro employees or contractors or other third parties, with your prior permission, as part of our internal or external referral program;
- From third party websites and job boards that you have used to seek employment such as LinkedIn;
- From third party websites or platforms that help us obtain your contact details (if we do not already have it) or verify employment history from publicly available sources.
We only use your personal information for the following purposes and legal bases:
- For considering you for and contacting you about the role you applied for or other potential suitable roles on an individual basis;
- Making a decision about your recruitment or appointment at Exactpro;
- Determining any terms on which you work for us;
Given the nature of Exactpro’s business, from time to time our clients would like to receive summary CVs of applicants like you, as well as our existing employees. We aim to first provide anonymized summary CVs but this is not always possible. We will do our best to inform you of any such disclosure in advance.
In order to understand how we can improve our internal recruitment processes; we may use a third-party survey provider to (i) send you an invitation to a survey and or (ii) collect your responses. Typically, we only share your name and email address.
We may also use third party communication providers to help us manage communications around our recruitment and information campaigns.
We may also need to use third party service providers, for example, to help us manage our applicant tracking system or to help host our websites or servers. We contractual terms in place to protect your personal data.
We will share your data with other companies within the Exactpro Group only for the purposes set out above. As Exactpro is a global company, we transfer the personal information we collect about you to our group companies outside the European Economic Area in order to be able to administer our recruitment teams and systems.
Not all countries to which we transfer your data are not deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for your personal information. However, to ensure that your personal information does receive an adequate level of protection we have put in place an intragroup data transfer agreement to ensure that your personal information is treated in a way that is consistent with and which respects the EU laws on data protection. If you require further information about this protective measure, you can request it from email@example.com.
We may need to disclose all or any part of your personal information if required to do so by law, or pursuant to a request from a governmental or regulatory entity/body or if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (1) comply with legal or regulatory requirements or for the purposes of compliance with legal process; (2) prevent crime; (3) prevent any terrorist activity or threat to national security; (4) protect the safety or wellbeing of users of our staff or any other person.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, contractors and third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
After an unsuccessful application, we will aim to keep some or all of your personal data to the extent we need to for a period of 6 months after the last activity to consider you for any other job openings across the Exactpro Group and for legal/record keeping purposes, unless we are required to keep your data for a longer period by applicable law.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes such as our recruitment campaigns or emails.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in writing.